4.12.12

PROJECT OF THE WEEK

pins and needles

Needle felting is not for the faint of heart that is for sure. The needles are barbed, brutal and show no mercy to the weak or weary. That being said once you get the hang of it the rhythm of this craft it is very soothing. As you can see we didn't entrust Thom with a needle but he pretended to felt with a plastic screwdriver instead (with some very speedy jabbing help with a proper needle from his sister).


We decided to start with the most basic of projects - a felt ball garland for the piano. It felt Christmassy enough and perfectly doable in an afternoon/evening.


My favourites were the big white ones with confetti spots - they remind me of icecream with sprinkles. We of course are now addicted and have visions of making a needle felted nativity scene, a tree full of felt birds and some discs of grey felt to make a necklace. Ambitious? Always!


It was lovely to make something all together and I behaved myself by NOT putting a Christmas CD on while we worked - I'm not allowed those until the 12th December. I am pleased with how it looks too. I wonder what you are all doing to Christmasify? RAMONA

2 comments:

judi said...

love it...esp the icecream balls...how do you do it? (excuse my ignorance)...
l see nests of birds...

Saskia said...

I need to know too! These are beautiful. I've never felted, and have no idea how little balls are made. They look perfect. I'm also not allowed to pull out the Chrissie CDs yet. Rosemary Clooney and Bing shall have to wait.