6.6.12

PROJECT OF THE WEEK 2

Whole Lotta Love

The ladies of HML have a total craft crush on Lotta Jansdotter. The Swedish born, Brooklyn based textile designer just nails it for us with her fresh, clean design, simple projects and beautiful books (I will return 'simple sewing' Beck I promise). I was very excited when I found a set of 10 acetate stencil sheets for sale at a bookstore of all places, I snapped them up for $10 reduced from $40!


I think these projects would work better with a brayer and proper ink rather than just sponge brushes and acrylic paint mixed with textile medium but hey I'm not selling them on Etsy I'm just using it for Sunday night dinners. I loved Lotta's placemat with a pocket project and had some heavy denim and remnant fabric that I wanted to use up so voila. Pretty simple, simply pretty.


Double sided place mats with matching dodgy napkins. So much fun! RAMONA

No comments: