19.3.11

POP UP OF THE WEEK

listen up!

You will all be very proud of me. I did in fact go on my Saturday expedition today and saw some terrific things. One show I do want to mention is a two day only affair (like a great sale - perfect for the fashion festival) called Garments for Listening. It popped up on facebook and I trundled down to check it out. Installation artist and clever chook Lauren Brown has made a really interesting piece in the underground art space car park beneath the Collingwood housing commission flats. This pop up show examines ideas around listening and offers up garments to enhance/change your listening experience. I have to say it's kind of fun. It's only on this weekend so if you can make it down there do! 44 Harmsworth street, off Johnson - don't turn up before noon. RAMONA

No comments: