30.12.10

FIND OF THE WEEK

top op shop

I am not a big op shopper. That's not an easy thing for me to admit but there you have it. When Beloved and the Intern decided they wanted to go to every Salvation Army store in a 10 KM radius I was exhausted just thinking about it. I put on a brave face and off we went. It's true what they say, another mans trash is a two year old's treasure. When the Womble spotted this home made wooden train he just started doing laps of the store with it and if anyone came near him he would clutch it to his little chest and exclaim 'my train!'
I figured it was made by someone's dad or grandpa, maybe even an industrious aunt or woodworking cousin. It's not overly complicated and certainly isn't decorative. I may strip it and repaint it. I may not. It cost $5. The Womble thinks it's the greatest thing ever. 


I got a little more excited about this tin toy money box. Maybe they'll make me an op shopper yet. RAMONA
PS If you'd like to buy some plans or kits to make wooden toys yourself this website looks pretty helpful.

No comments: