15.9.10

SHOP OF THE WEEK

c'est magnifique

Ohh la la! While on an epic gallery crawl last Saturday I was directed to level 2 of the Nicholas Building to the amazing L'uccello. One of those shops that just takes your breath away. Crammed with vintage haberdashery, beautiful books, gorgeous craft kits. It was just dreamy. This wasn't your average pretty frou frou either. We're talking proper ricrac, horn buttons, and enough millinery ephemera to make me dream of an elaborate spring hat!
I allowed myself a couple of treats. Some new old buttons for a much loved cardigan and a couple of pretty fat quarters that will probably sit on my bedside table before I work out what to do with them
really dreamy and well worth rambling up and down flights of stairs. Oh I miss the lift ladies on the weekend. RAMONA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how beautiful! thanks for reminding me i need to make it there. x lara

shula said...

Kim.

She's amazing.

And she has our old room, one of the most beautiful in the building.

I can't go in for fear that I'll cry.

Di said...

Thanks for the tip off! It's a while since I've gone exploring in the Nicholas building. Must do that soon...