23.4.10

SHE MADE IT HERSELF

Bag Lady

Yesterday while visiting Miss P (thanks for the Jam by the way, cannot WAIT for a lillypilly devonshire tea on the weekend) we started talking Japanese fabrics, as we often do, which reminded me that I hadn't posted the contents of my most recent care package from Tokyo. This one included a truly fantastic hand drawn canvas tote made by my equally fantastic neice Anna - who is quite the arteest, just like her Mum. On the front we have a Yayoi Kusama inspired spotty rainbow, and on the back...

...a collection of turtles, of course. I'd sent over a bunch of fabric textas last Christmas, so it was super cool to get something back she'd made using them. Kids drawings are brilliantly unselfconcious so i'm thinking of getting Maxwell his own set of textas so we can make some fabric out of his super scribble stylings...


I was also delighted to find this nutty pair of Zori in the bag for Maxwell...

Which reminded me to ask Ramona to borrow back the book I gave her after my last visit to Tokyo so I can whip up a pair of super sized rag slippers for me. They are just the thing for cool mornings and hardwood floors now that it's autumn, and a great alternative to the regular knitted or crochet versions of house slippers.  They're also a top way of using up clothes that even the local op-shop would say no too, and we've got a lot of that going on around here at the moment... believe me. I'll be posting the results next week, wish me luck!
BECK

5 comments:

dell said...

That bag is so covetable. And please post directions on how to make rag slippers. I am intrigued.

HANDMADELIFE said...

oh yeah that book is super cool! Its about time we made something out of it! How talented is Anna? But where is this autumn that you speak of? sigh
Ramona

Charlotte Teek said...

I'd love to see the rag slipper directions too. Am having a major battle knitting up fabulous rag "yarns" that have, so far, produced a monstrous cushion cover and a creepy attempt at re-upholstering my bedroom chair. It's a near craft distaster. Help!
Charlotte

HANDMADELIFE said...

I can see this is a job for
craftbusters!

shimmy shimmy cocopop said...

i can see that i will have to hold some zorii workshops when i am on my next melbourne tour......ps beck, i am in the kinda bazzar gang again this year so i will absorb all the jappy crafty weirdness i can for youXXXX

oh and my word verification is Whilma, i am SO changing my name!!!