25.8.09

GIFT OF THE WEEK

blankie
Don't look to closely at it. The corners aren't mitred too well and the seams are a bit, well, unseemly. I don't have Beck's mathematical mind or nimble fingers. AndI have the attention span of a gnat. Of course this is the beauty with gifts that are made with love not commerce in mind, they don't have to be perfect.
I passed on my basinette to dear friends expecting in February and made this little quilt to go with it. I had to redo the binding 3 times - it may have been because I was watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at the same time.
They loved it of course and an afternoon tea of scones was my reward! But do you know something? I haven't made a single thing for my own baby. Except life. yeah that'll do him surely...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks even better in real life!We love it -thank u again Ramona x

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

it looks absolutely divine! i've got the french fabric - with the little characters riding a bus...along with some lovely polkadot fabric in green and stripes in aqua, to make for my little guy (his older brother already has his quilt)and do you think i can get off blogs long enough to even cut the squares??!!! thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

The blogs are such a time suck Shelley! I have limited myself to morning and afternoon coffee time for blog reading otherwise I would be stuck all day! Ramona