15.4.09

CRAFT FIND OF THE WEEK

bloomin' marvellous


Never one to look a gift horse in the proverbial, I'll take all manner of weird and wonderful 'craft finds' from strangers, friends and family alike... much, I'll admit, to the constant despair of the long suffering in house architect. So it was with much amusement that I graciously accepted this particularly unusual west German vase from non other than his sister last week. To be honest I was a little dubious about it's style... regular readers will be well aware of my penchant for brown and orange on the vintage ceramic tip, so I applied my patented Dahlia rule* to see if it would appeal more once it was full of a complimentary coloured bunch of blooms.

and yes, I think we have a winner.

2 comments:

pen said...

love it!
if you don't think you can live with it............
dahlias....... even better!

Beck said...

I know really everything looks better with dahlias!