20.2.09

HARVEST OF THE WEEK

little red Finally after weeks of the hard green balls on the tomato plant mocking us in the garden as we watered and then again as we walked past with yet another punnet of store bought tomatoes, they all decided to ripen at once... leaving us with a weeks worth of menu items based around the mini love apple and a big old bowl of slightly 'overdone' leftovers.

So if anyone has a delicious and idiot proof recipe for tomato chutney, there's a free jar in it for them!! Oh and it's also a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Master Maxwell, six months old today and already showing some serious attitude!

6 comments:

pen said...

tough lil sucker aint he?
the word verification today is 'fratoriz'- and I'm sure that's what he'd do if he had a brother, totally fratoriz him until he was a sobbing crybaby
happy 6 months Maxwell Otis!

Anonymous said...

Maxwell probably wants you to read "Oscar's Half Birthday" by Bob Graham. Oscar's family have a little picnic party in the park to celebrate him turning 6 months. It's my two year old's current favourite book.

As for recipes, I haven't made tomato chutney, but I'd start with Stepahnie Alexander. I always start with Stephanie.

HANDMADELIFE said...

he does look like an extra from Bugsy Malone doesn't he, and yes excellent suggestion in Madame Alexander Stephanie, you just cant go wrong with her with Stephanie can you!

shula said...

Maggie Beer's oven-roasted tomatoes. You can keep them in oil

I have the recipe.

Trust me on that one. I just bought 3kg of romas (dammit, I was too late for tomatoes, this year).

shula said...

ps. I'm wondering about the state the young master's fragile bits in the high chair maybe accounting for the expression. I'd be grumpy, too.

Beck said...

hmmm Shula you may be right about the crown jewels... that looks like a dastardly right royal front wedgie waiting to happen...